Working with Currys to provide vital Tech4Families.
It’s never been more important to make sure families can get online.
So, as part of our mission to drive digital inclusion, we’re proud to be collecting donations from customers in Currys stores to help families who need a laptop to get one.
We are working in seven areas across the UK where we know lots of people are struggling to make ends meet. If you live in one of these local areas and your family doesn’t have access to a computer, you can apply through us to have us send you one – not as loan or rental, it’s for your family, for good.
How it works
We’ll ask a few short questions and someone from the community (like a teacher or councillor) will just need to agree to also tell us that you need one.
As this aims to support families, you’ll need to be the parent/care giver of a child (4-16) who doesn’t have access to a suitable device.
Please note: while we want to help every family that applies, we know we won’t be able to support every request. Even if your family is eligible and a member of the community verifies your application, it doesn’t guarantee we’ll be able to provide a computer in every instance. To all those families we are able to send a laptop to, please be aware that while we strive to get it to you as soon as possible this process does take some months due to heavy demand. Please bear with us while we arrange it and get it to you. We hope it provides your family access to the online world for years to come.
- Staffordshire (Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire Moorlands, Stafford, East Staffordshire, Newcastle under Lyme, Lichfield, South Staffordshire, Cannock Chase local authorities), England.
- West Cumbria (Cumberland local authority), England.
- Norfolk Coast (Kings Lynn and West Norfolk, North Norfolk, Great Yarmouth local authorities), England.
- Neath Port Talbot and Bridgend, Wales
- Ayrshire (North Ayrshire, East Ayrshire, South Ayrshire local authorities), Scotland.
- Lincolnshire Coast (North Lincolnshire, North East Lincolnshire, East Lindsey, Boston and South Holland local authorities), England.
- Northern Ireland.
If you’re verifying that a family needs a device, please follow the link in the email that you have received from us. Please read the Tech4Families Terms and Conditions.
You can help us support more families
In a society that believes in justice and compassion, it’s not right that almost half of children are growing up without proper access to the digital world and the life changing benefits it brings.
It’s only with your support that we can continue working to change that. So the next time you buy from Currys, you can choose to top up what you spend to make a small donation to our work.
Want to spread the word and advertise the Tech4Families scheme to your community? We’ve created some posters for you to download and print.
Thank you. Together we can end digital poverty.