- Click the “Me” arrow under your photo on the LinkedIn navigation bar, then select “View Profile” under your name.
- Click the “Add New Profile Section” button on right side of profile, then select the + symbol to the right of “Volunteer Experience.”
- – OR- scroll down to your “Volunteer Experience” section and click the + symbol.
- In either case, please do not list your Board service as Work Experience.
- Under “Organisation,” start typing in “Digital Poverty Alliance.” As you begin typing, LinkedIn will populate a drop-down menu with results:
- Start typing in your “Role:” Please use “Board Member OR Community Board Member or Ambassador.” As you begin typing, LinkedIn will again populate a drop-down menu with results
- Fill in the other details. Select “Poverty alleviation” as DPA’s primary cause. Add the month and year your board service began (if you’re not sure about the month, just include the year). Check “I currently volunteer here.”
- Under “Description,” please use the following language (feel free to copy+paste):
For Board Member:
As a Digital Poverty Alliance Board Member, we are responsible for the overall governance and strategic leadership of the DPA core team which supports the DPA Community. Together we can end digital poverty once and for all, please join our community here https://digital-poverty-alliance.mn.co/landing-page
For Community Board Member:
As a Digital Poverty Alliance Community Board Member, we help drive collective action within our own organisations and networks by spearheading or collaborating on initiatives that directly address digital poverty. We bring experience of working with those experiencing digital poverty, or with those organisations who can directly help. Together we can end digital poverty once and for all, please join our community here https://digital-poverty-alliance.mn.co/landing-page
As a Digital Poverty Alliance Ambassador, we recognise how our networks are of vital importance to help inform the work we do as an organisation and to support the core team to build the Alliance community. If you would like to become an Ambassador please send your biography and details of how you can help the core team via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Don’t forget to click “Save“!
- If you have other Volunteer Experiences listed, you may need to click and drag DPA so that it is visible on your profile (typically only the top three are shown above the “Show More” button). Use the three lines under the “Edit” button (becomes a “Move” tool when you hover over them) to move your Experience with DPA up or down the list.
- Next, follow the DPA Company Page on LinkedIn. That way you can like, comment on, and share our status updates! You can go directly to our page by following this link.
- From there, you can also connect with other Board Members and DPA staff, and share status updates about happenings at DPA! Happy posting.
Need any help? Please contact Louise Stokes email or book a call here