Terms and conditions: Film Competition
Last updated: June 1, 2022 12:30 PM
- These terms and conditions are the Competition Rules (“Rules”) and apply to the competition named above. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
- The competition is promoted by the Learning Foundation, Index House, St George’s Lane, Ascot, SL5 7ET. Registered Charity in England and Wales: 1086306, Registered Company in England and Wales 3978344. The Digital Poverty Alliance (“DPA”) is an initiative of the Learning Foundation.
- 3. We reserve the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the Rules without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, pandemic, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside our reasonable control. Any changes will be posted either within these terms and conditions or the Competition Notice. A copy of the Rules may also be obtained by contacting the DPA at email@example.com.
4. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
5. The competition is open to those residing in the United Kingdom only. The postal or electronic address you provide with your competition entry (“Entry”) may be used to contact you so please make sure this is correct.
6. Employees and Trustees of the Learning Foundation (including the Digital Poverty Alliance) and their immediate families and their agents are not eligible to enter the Competition.
7. We reserve the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
8. Entrants must be aged between 4-19 year olds as at 16th June 2022. Parental consent will be required before entering this competition. This will be checked in the event of your progress in the competition, and parental contact details must be provided.
9. No purchase is necessary.
10. We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant (at our sole discretion) if we have grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
11. Only one entry is permitted per person, and any entrant who enters more than the permitted maximum will have only their first entry considered.
12. Competition entries must be made by using the designated form on the DPA website; or by post accompanied by the official form as directed to the Learning Foundation, 3rd Floor, 86-90 Paul Street, London EC2A 4NE. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry. Entries must not be made by email or any other method.
13. Proof of completing the web form or of postage cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. We cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to Entries, or Entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside our control.
14. Entrants should note that we do not accept responsibility for the return of any Entries, including those consisting of artistic works.
15. It is strongly recommended that you keep a copy of your entry.
16. If there are no entries which meet the required criteria, the prize will not be awarded.
17. The closing date for entries is 17th September 2022, at 23.59 British Summer Time. Entries received after this time will be disqualified. You are encouraged to submit your entry in good time.
18. The winners will be chosen by a panel of judges appointed at the discretion of the DPA, within one month of the closing date. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into. There shall be no right of appeal.
19. Prize winners will be notified within two months of the closing date. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the prize notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded. Competition winner(s)’ names may be published in DPA publications, websites, social media, press releases and other forms of media (by entering into the Competition you consent to such use of your and your child’s personal data).
20. Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified on the prize notification. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner, or forfeiture of the prize.
21. Prizes are non–transferable and there is no alternative. We reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
22. Prizes are awarded at our sole discretion and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
23. We reserve the right to request written proof of age of any winner.
24. All taxes, insurances, and other expenses as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
Intellectual Property Rights & Use of Entries
25. In consideration of us agreeing to consider entrants to the Competition, each entrant (and their parent or guardian) hereby agrees that we (and third parties authorised by us) may make any and all Entries available in our publications and on our websites and any other media. You (or your parent/guardian) now grant us (and third parties authorised by us) a royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence (for the full period of any rights in the Entry) to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works from, edit, alter, store, re-format, sell and sub-licence the Entry for such purposes.
26. We do not guarantee to use or otherwise make available any Entry. We may, in appropriate circumstances, and at our sole discretion, reject, edit, remove or disable access to Entries that appear to be legally or otherwise problematic e.g. infringe the copyright or other intellectual property or privacy rights of others, are defamatory etc. or for any other reason.
27. Your entry and any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. You hereby confirm that your Entry and all information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, we reserve the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
28. We cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. We are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude our liability for death or personal injury as a result of our negligence, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by applicable law.
Data Protection and Publicity
29. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and we reserve the right to use the names of winners in any publicity both in paper and online (by entering the Competition you, or your parent/guardian, consent to such use of the entrant’s personal data).
31. Any words following the terms including, include, in particular, for example or any similar expression, shall be construed as illustrative and shall not limit the sense of the words, description, definition, phrase or term preceding those terms.
32. Our failure to assert our rights in relation to any breach of the Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such rights, nor will any such waiver be implied.
33. If any provision of the Rules (or portion thereof) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality or enforceability of the remainder of the Rules will not be affected or impaired.
34. The Rules and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter (including the Competition), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. The Courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Rules.